Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Pair your Atom editor with Cmder console

Do you want to feel yourself as happy on Windows as on Mac? Well, sleek console and cross-platform editor could help you a lot...

Cmder

Cmder is a software package created out of pure frustration over the absence of nice console emulators on Windows.
It is based on amazing software, and spiced up with the Monokai color scheme and a custom prompt layout. Looking sexy from the start.

Oooh yes! If you decide to use the slightly bigger git-for-windows version, you will have all Unix commands ready in PATH so that you can git init or cat instantly on every machine.
When you switch from Windows cmd.exe to Cmder you will be definitely with better mood on your daily developer routine.

Atom.io

Atom is a modern cross-platform text editor that's modern, with following features out of box:
  • Works on OS X, Windows, or Linux
  • Built-in package manager, that enhance it's functionality
  • Smart autocompletion write code faster
  • File system browser to compare and edit code across files
  • Find and replace
I'm using IntelijIDEA for my work, but for me it becomes a heavy weapon when i need to create/edit some html samples or small projects. From the other side i've always used Notepad++ for such purposes and was happy with it. But it works on Windows environment only which means you need an alternative on Mac OS. And of cause an alternative is SublimeText here, but some-why i'm not a big fan of it, maybe cause as a text editor i got used to Notepad++, and as IDE it was not fully suitable on the moment i tried it. So, i've tried Atom just for fun and i liked at once how it opens edited file directory and that there a tones of packages to extend it's functionality like, Beautify, Uglify, Terminal etc.

Pair your Atom with Cmder

There is fairly lightweight an simple Atom package, called Atom-terminal, which opens your system console from Atom editor. So, all you need to open Cmder instead of Cmd.exe is to add it's path in package settings:

To launch Cmder in current file's directory you just need to add following arguments:
/START "%CD%\"

33 comments:

  1. Hi, just wanted to tell you, I enjoyed this blog post. It was funny. Keep on posting! Such a lovely blog you have shared here with us. Really nice.
    _________________________
    Mac Photo Editor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx, nice to here from you, i'd try to find some time for posting such things.

      Delete
  2. An author must have a vast knowledge of vocabulary. The dictionary of a writer must be full of new english vocabulary to make their work more attractive. Use of new words makes their work more valuable and graceful.
    HPE ProLiant DL120 Gen9

    ReplyDelete
  3. someplace the content material of the weblog surrounded through little arguments. yes it's far wholesome for readers. they are capable of encompass this form of language in their writing talent similarly to on the same time as group dialogue in university. Shipping Management Software Oman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now day, everything is going to find a new but well settled and successful stream for their career. When I came to this blog, I really impressed by all the knowledge points mentioned here. Thank you for this assistance. Logistics and Freight Forwarding Software Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your enthusiasm leads you beyond the limits. whilst you feel yourself enthusiastic that’s the time you can pass any restrict. you're searching out to get perfection through the usage of the functionality of exertions. study such motivational article and truely it'll permit you to recognize new data. Video editor mac

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always replied to this blog post and its been a long time since I came into knowledge of this blog. One of my friend’s suggestion worked for me and I am still regular to read every post of this blog. Logistics and Freight Forwarding Software Saudi Arabia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly a fine approach to express and looking an exceptionally charming article with loaded with solid data. I am unquestionably going to enlighten in my class concerning this stage and the data shared here. Extremely elegantly composed. Video editor

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am grateful to this blog for helping me. I brought a few targeted clues which might be honestly critical for me to apply them in my writing. really beneficial stuff made via this weblog proprietor. Shipping Management Software Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best Senior Home in Waterford Township. Call us for more details (248) 727-8422 or Email: info@orchardseniorcare.com. We provide services Waterford Township. Home Instead

    ReplyDelete
  10. An author must have a vast knowledge of vocabulary. The dictionary of a writer must be full of new english vocabulary to make their work more attractive. Use of new words makes their work more valuable and graceful. Shipping Management Software Saudi Arabia

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog is really valuable to pass on upgraded enlightening endeavors over web which is genuinely examination. Senior help services

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts. Freight Management Software

    ReplyDelete
  13. someplace the content material of the weblog surrounded through little arguments. yes it's far wholesome for readers. they are capable of encompass this form of language in their writing talent similarly to on the same time as group dialogue in university. png to svg

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform. Freight Management Software

    ReplyDelete
  15. not anything live all of the time. Then why to maintain identical patter of hard work over and over. Why to copy identical method for extraordinarily essay. Use range approach for extraordinary subjects because of the fact every trouble has its private which means that. hold such posts on. Mac video editing software

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am appreciative to this blog giving one of a kind and accommodating learning about this theme, I read your blog now share extraordinary data here. This blog increse my insight source . Image Vectorizer Mac

    ReplyDelete
  17. The weblog appears very appealing. It attracted a number of humans toward its patter of writing similarly to useful records added through this blog may be very useful for maximum of its readers. Video editing software

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw an ad for a video editor from movavi https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/make-video-slow-motion-on-iphone.html. In which it was said how to shoot high-quality saw in slow motion. I decided to give it a try and I really liked the result. I recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is really a helpful blog to find some different source to add my knowledge. I came into aware of new professional blog and I am impressed with suggestions of author. Logistics and Freight Forwarding Software Saudi Arabia

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am truly inspired by this online journal! Extremely clear clarification of issues is given and it is open to every living soul. I have perused your post, truly you have given this extraordinary informative data about it.Pak Cargo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. Pak Direct Cargo offers the generally professional UK to Pak Cargo Service to the clients.

    Fast cargo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing this blog Very useful Post. We offer Domestic and International Freight Software. Logistics and Freight Forwarding Software Australia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Dubai, UAE and Bahrain. Freight Management Software

    ReplyDelete